Saturday, March 7, 2009

Today was a working day in my studio. There are so many swaps in our groups to sign up for and even though I don't have to do them, I want to as I really like the themes. The three pictures I posted here were for our Stampassion Swap for March with the theme "Lace". I used a lace paper I purchased in S. Carolina on top of different background papers and then added my embellishments.

In some respects I wish I didn't want to do so many, cause in the back of my mind I am wanting to challenge myself and do many more paintings on canvas. Perhaps I will do some mini paintings on canvas atc's.

I am seeing many new and wonderful art pieces on the blogs I follow. Definately inspiring. Maybe I will eventually give up these exchanges for something bigger and grander. I find these little pieces of art to be a good practice ground for learning how materials work with one another, and which work best in given circumstances. This practice is my "schooling", so I can become a better artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive