Wednesday, December 2, 2009


I must be a Tim Holtz Groupie as I just spent endless hours making tag 1 and tag 2 of his 12 Tags of Christmas. And, they are not identical as I don't own all those images and embellishments. I had to improvise, but felt I got the same effect as his. If you are not familiar with Tim Holtz, and I can't imagine that, you can see his at http://www.timholtz.typepad.com/
I love making these, but I have to say that if you are going to attempt to make the rose in the lower left of the bottom tag that you might think twice. I am very good at assemblage, however, after over an hour this rose finally came together and then it broke. I would and did make two other tags but I used the Hero Arts Vintage Flowers and the effect is as nice if not nicer. I will post those pictures too. I'm trying to make one for me and one for Stampassion, so if you want to see them in person, you can find them there on the days I work or after.
This is truly an exercise in improvisation as the snowman is not the same nor is the stamp on the 2nd tag. I hope if you are doing these that you are enjoying them as much as I am and learning at the same time.
Thanks for your comments on my blog as they keep me inspired to try more and newer techniques. Hope you are all enjoying the beginning of the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive