Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I really didn't realize how much time had gone by since my last post. I decided that anyone who might look at my blog would think I had abandoned it, but not the case. I just have been busy.

This picture is of my oldest daughter Claudine in the middle and my grandaughter Alyssa on the left. They recently went into 11 weeks training to run the Freihofer's Run for Women in Albany, New York and this was after the finish line. For anyone who is not familiar, it is an annual race and is 5K in distance. There were over 5,000 women running this year and so I was so proud of their accomplishment. It was the first race they had ever run. The training really was good and got them in shape and told them what to eat the nights before and what to wear and what to avoid so they would decrease their chances of any medical emergencies. Outside of being very tired at the end, they were great.

Outside of that I had a grandaughter graduate from Albany Academy for Girls and have two more grandaughters (the twins) graduating this weekend from Shaker High School.

Am working craft wise on a lacy knitted shawl but it will take me a long time to complete that as it is so big a project and hase 4 different lace patterns in it. I am challenging myself to finish it and to get it right. One mistake in the pattern throws the whole thing off. Thank God someone taught me to put in life lines while knitting so when I tear out a section I don't have to go all the way back to the beginning.

So with working on the house, family celebrations, etc, I have not spent much time in the blogging community. I will have to go and see what all my blogger friends have been up to. I've missed you all.

Hope you are enjoying the fresh summer weather.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to your daughter and granddaughter.....

    Glad to see you back blogging...

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive