So I made a mistake. I did not look at the tube of caulking I was using to make sure it was the right kind. I thought all I had bought was the paintable kind. Not the case. As you can see by the photo, the paint refuses to adhere to the caulking. After 3 attempts, I realize I now have to cover it up with something to make the paint stick, but if water won't stick and paint won't stick, what will? A friend on facebook told me to use primer. My daughter (who once did this too) says primer did not work either, at least for her. She ended up putting the right kind of caulking over the top of it and said it then worked. Oh, the thought of recaulking all my baseboards and some door frames does not really excite me.
Today I am going to finish putting the second coat of paint on the walls and will go back when done and see what will work here.
This is where my washer/dryer will be placed. Have yet to purchase. Thursday will be the day for that. All set to go.
This is the wall where my stove will be. Centered with a cabinet on each side.
This is as far as I am at the moment.
I am devoting the rest of this week to working and finishing up as my appliances arrive this coming Monday and I am actually feeling excited about that. Once in place I will go get my cabinets and order the countertops. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I like it.
If you are renovating, don't forget to check your caulk. This will be a nuisance refix for me. Don't let it happen to you.
Thanks for stopping.