Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One of my girlfriends of about 35 years sent me this picture of a cowl neck warmer and said she loved it. And so, the right thing to do was to try to make it for her. Although I could not find a chunky yarn in the shown color, I decided to do a prototype to see how it would come out and actually look done up. I didn't think I would really like it, and I'm not sure I do yet, but it wasn't for me, so when we next visit I will give it to her and we will go shopping to see if we can find a yarn more to her liking or abandon the project altogether.

The only difference is actually the color of the yarn. It was made with three strands of chuncky yarn at one time which is why it is so bulky, but size wise it is correct. Since I love the way my girlfriend dresses, and she is a very talored and classy lady, I am anxious to see how she manipulates this to look good. The pattern came from an issue of Martha Stewart's magazine and included therein, but I do not know which publication or issue.

Very quick to make and actually fun, and I bought the yarn on sale so the needles, which were a size 19 were more expensive than the yarn. But, you know us crafters. When we need something to make something, we get it, don't we? Or am I the only one.

Happy knitting to those who do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive