Thursday, April 8, 2010

Today was a milestone for me as I finished my first pair of booties, or baby socks. I never did socks before and I have been intimidated to do them. These were knitted on straight needles with a seam on the side. They were much easier than I anticipated and I really only did them because my sister gave me the pattern and the yarn. She has been trying to get me to do some socks for a long time. I have started before but never finished. Perhaps now I will do more but will not do these as I don't care for the seam on the in side of them.

It seems everyone I know who knits makes socks. Personally I would probably get one done and not want to do the other so I'd have to give it up.

Next I'm going to work on a project for a friend who requested a cowl neck warmer. It is done with three (3) strands of Chunky yarn. It will be very fast but very very chunky. It doesn't do anything for me but she loves the look of it in the picture so when I get it done I'll post it as well.

Happy knitting or painting or crafting to all my blogger friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive