Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teddy Bear Picnic


Last week I took a class in needle felting and we made these cute Teddy bears.  It took about 2 hours and was so much fun.  One of the ladies actually had done some before and made a version of her cat she had lost.  It was the cutest thing.  Grey and white with stipes and sitting up.  Looked just like her cat she said.   I was so impressed by what the other ladies did with their bears.  Some put paws, a different color, the noses and eyes were all different.   One lady put a belly with a belly button on it.  So different, not one look alike to someone elses.  From here we can make whatever we want if you can form the shapes.  One friend of mine who was in the class also put her teddy bear on a grassy mound with flowers in the grass around him. 

I decided that mine was going on a picnic and so I put the bee (can't think of what you call this thing) but I'm sure someone will remind me, so he would have honey for his tea.

Other than this I have been much of a slug lately and taking time to dream about what I want and where I'm going.  Hope you all are enjoying your crafts and life in general.  Happy creating.

2 comments:

  1. I believe your bear is holding a bee hive! Very sweet indeed! I did some felting when I was younger with a kit I got for Christmas one year. It was a felt doll kit so I made a lot of little people. It was fun as I recall. Of course, I haven't met many crafts that I didn't like!!! Can't wait to see you at LFBC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never done felting but this little guy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive