Sunday, December 5, 2010

This is my 2010 Christmas card that I am still working on.  The picture doesn't quite show the sparkle in the embossed snowflakes or the shine of the gold embossed letters.  It was very time consuming between the PostCard Stamp on the back side, then the embossing of the snowflakes on the paper and the letters and the stamping of the bird and cutting it out and then the edges done with gold paint pen.  That doesn't even include sitting and addressing them.  Plus I still have to write the sentiment on the back side which is  poem I found and fits my mood this year.

The poem is this:

O time, that like a skillful painter stands
Before the empty easel of the year,
Call forth thereon some scene of wonderous beauty,
Paint a fair picture for my friend so dear.

Blend with the brilliant tints of joy and pleasures
Hope's fairy sunlight, falling from above.
Or, should some shadow fall athwart the canvas,
Brighten them with golden gleams of love.

I hope  you all have a wonderous holiday season  with a new year full of Creativity and Love.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful! your recipients will be lucky enough to appreciate your details even if the computer screen doesn't show them off! great job.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive