Sunday, April 22, 2012

I just finished this baby sweater which I made without any baby in mind.  My sister had knit it in an army green for her brand new grandson Jaxson and I thought it so cute I had to make one for a little girl.  I don't really know anyone who is having a baby or a baby girl, but I will keep it for the opportunity to give it to someone.  Or I may sell it this summer in an Etsy Shop should I open one.

The yarn is not expensive.  When I make something for the first time I sometimes use inexpensive yarn to see how it comes out or if the pattern is easy enough for me to figure out.  This pattern was
called "Baby Sophisticate" by Linden Heflin.  I do not know the source as my sister gave it to me.
The yarn was Vanna's Choice Baby in Cherry Cherry and used 1 and 1/2 skeins.  I do still have to add buttons, but found I didn't have any in the right color and I thought white would be too contrasting.  Will have to shop for buttons which anyone who knows me will probably laugh at since my collection of buttons is beyond most people's imagination.

If you want to know more just leave me a post and I'll get back to you.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny buying more buttons. You have too many buttons! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should have ladybug buttons! Wait! How many does it need, maybe I have some?

    Such a cute idea, so fun to knit baby clothes...and very pretty cherry, I meant cheery! sweater!

    love

    lizzy who has maybe more buttons than Peggy?

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive