Tuesday, September 24, 2013

This project is such a slow go.  I had to go and buy more flooring and have to wait a couple of days for it to adjust to the same levels of humidity and heat as the rest of the floor before I can put it down.  Today might be that day.  I haven't decided yet.

Cleaning up my life.  Participated in our Village Wide Yard Sale and unloaded many things I love but they were projects and I'm tired of projects.  Have freed up room in my house and time to do things I like better.  Once I get the downstairs apartment done I can go upstairs and start over up there.  The projects are endless and will never be completely done but I do enjoy them when I'm in the mood.
That's the good part.  I can do them when I feel like it.  No pressure.  I have the rest of my life.

From a personal viewpoint, I have closed the chapter on my lost relationship and am moving forward.  Feeling good, contemplating going back to work somewhere but not necessary just yet, and signed on to a web dating service and already have someone who appears to be interested and we are at the "getting to know" each other status to see if we will meet. 

Art doesn't seem to have time in my new life.  Other than music.  Music seems to have taken up the slack.  I have 3 guitars now and am learning how to play them.  It's not easy at 66 as my thinking isn't so fast or memory as good.  Have to repeat several times before I "get it".  I think it's called practice but I don't mind doing it.  Maybe someday I will actually be able to play a song?.................

Time to check out my other blogs.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your know-how---like doing the floors! Hope you didn t sell anything wonderful...I remember the chair you redid, so beautiful.

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive