Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year to all the bloggers out there.  I never know if I will write again but always hopeful that I will.

Almost finished my kitchen in 2013 but not quite.  The holidays and trying to make gifts for people really took me away from the construction, but am back on track and with only a few things left to do, although time consuming, should end my reconstruction within the month of January.  Hooray!  Then I can go upstairs and work on my other unit.

My cabinets are installed but have makeshift countertops.  My appliances are in and working great!  I am able to cook and eat downstairs now which is good.  Too many trips up and  down stairs to get the needed supplies etc.

Here are some pics.





I used cabinets in the kitchen nook as benches to make a booth.  I am not done.  Right now there is cardboard on the top to sit on but will be replaced with a sturdy base wood and then cushions I will make.  I'm looking for a table with pedestal base like you would find in a diner but that will take time.  The little round table went through the flood and is in good shape but is just a bit too wide for the space.  Unless you are skinny like me you won't fit.  I will fix that.

Am researching my options for countertops.  Have a sink riding around in my car as it is too heavy for me to lift and bring in.  It's a cast iron Kohler sink in white.  I love white, what can I say.

So here's to a new year, finishing projects, and returning to some much wanted art projects.

Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate your comments.


5 comments:

  1. Oh Peggy! Everything looks SO beautiful. I adore the color in your kitchen and the cabinets are awesome. I, too, love white. I'll be painting my cupboards soon - want them white. You are amazing. I love the little eating nook! Fantastic job! I'm so proud of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color in the kitchen is amazing! What is that, do you recall. I love it. It sets off the white so beautifully. The downlights look fantastic too. I can t get over the fact that you ve done this all by yourself. What a wonderful accomplishment.

    Great to see you posting, I miss you and often wonder how you are, what you re up to! Happy New Year!


    lizzy at gone to the beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizzy, for the first time in my life I threw away the paint chip with the name on it. The lid of the can was discarded and replaced with a plastic lid with no info on it. I will do some research and make a swatch and match it up at the paint store and let you know. I keep thinking it is "Peacock Green", but won't swear by it. It is Behr Paint with Primer in it.

      Delete
  3. I love the home you've created, Peggy. It is so beautiful and cozy. Your talents are absolutely endless. I look forward to seeing what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peggy, is there anything you CAN'T do? I think you're a pretty talented person! I can't even imagine I could do any sort of remodeling except for painting something . . . your home looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive