Saturday, February 18, 2012

Hello Fellow artists.  This is the result of an evening with friends at an  art journaling class I'm taking.

The photo doesn't really do it justice but the message is pretty clear.  The words under the picture are from Maya Angelou and read "I long, as does every human being, to be at home where ever I find myself".  And under the face there are words that say "She saw every ending as a new beginning."

The spread comes from a recent burst of the shell I have been harboring in the past  couple of years.  I am in the midst of a growth spurt both emotionally and artistically.  At the present time I cannot seem to find enough time to do everything I wish to do.  I'm sure you have all been there or are there now.  It is such a good feeling and I am hoping to be able to keep moving and growing and relating to others through this period of time.  It is bringing me more joy than I have had since the death of my companion.  Almost as if he is pushing me beyond what was into a new world.  And I am loving it.

I hope you all have a wonderful joyful weekend and thanks for stopping by.  I am very grateful to those who I call friends as they are motivators to explore our inner worlds.

2 comments:

  1. In hindesite Marilyn I don't like the "sticker" look to it. Wish I had incorporated the words and maybe drawn in the items. Ohh well, there is always another page to improve and work on. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peggy! Your journal pages are wonderful! I'm so happy you feel able to create again.
    The words and ideas are very special..and while I think your pages are 'perfect' you could explore the words/ thoughts further, even in a different medium, such as a [small?] quilt with words and images..or a painting, or simply another layout in your journal?

    Focus! And feel, and grow, my sweet friend!

    love

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive